You are here:

Sex Advice/Oral Sex/oral sex vs. vaginal intercourse


I am 52 and my boyfriend is 54.  He can maintain an erection and climax when I give him oral sex, but when he penetrates me, he loses his erection pretty quickly, and always before climaxing.  This is a little frustrating for me!  Is this normal for men his age?  What can help with this problem.  Thank you.

Yes, erectile dysfunction is a common problem at his age.  One solution might be use of an ED drug like Viagra or Cialis which he could get from his doctor.  A low dose (fraction of a pill) might make the difference.  Of course, it is less necessary to maintain an erection to engage in oral sex, so you might not be aware of the quality of his erection.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Doug Adams, Ph.D.


I am happy to answer all kinds of questions about sexuality.


I have been answering questions about sexuality from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site I have been an expert on for over four years and am currently an expert in eight sexuality categories. I am the top expert in seven of the eight categories.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading research universities in the world.

Past/Present Clients
I have helped countless thousands of people online over the past 10 years.

©2017 All rights reserved.