Sex Advice/Oral Sex/E.D.

Hi Doug,

I am 27 years old and I have a question about erectile dysfunction. I have that issue and I don't know how to resolve. It took me a long time to even just orgasm near another person through masturbation but I have accomplished that. I still an unable to orgasm through sex. I have tried masturbating to the point of orgasm then have sex, but it didn't seem to help much. I only tried it once though.

I have noticed that what helped in me being able to reach orgasm near a partner is that I have to think sexual thoughts. Physical stimulation alone doesn't work at all.

By the way, I used to have no problems. I went celibate for a few years and that is when this started happening.

Any solutions?

I think your main problem is sexual inexperience.  I really find it hard to believe that you used to have "no problems."  Late virginity is a problem for a man.  The way to build sexual function is to practice it.  It would be good if you could become sexually active sooner rather than later.  I also think it would be a good idea for you to discuss your lack of sexual activity and erectile problems with a competent sex therapist and/or your regular doctor.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am happy to answer all kinds of questions about sexuality.

I have been answering questions about sexuality from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site I have been an expert on for over four years and am currently an expert in eight sexuality categories. I am the top expert in seven of the eight categories.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading research universities in the world.

I have helped countless thousands of people online over the past 10 years.