Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Intercourse

Question
QUESTION: Hello:

During intercourse, is it possible for the penis to come in contact with the cervix, and if so, is it possible for it to enter into the opening of the cervix and go into the uterus?

I know that it is most likely uncommon for this situation to occur.

I thank you for your reply.

ANSWER: No, the penis cannot penetrate the cervix.  It is very possible and even likely that the penis will come in contact with the cervix.  Some women like to feel the penis against the cervix and some don't.  This is where size really makes a difference.  A male who's too big can't help but touch the cervix but a smaller male can keep from making contact.

QUESTION: Hello and thanks for the reply!

Why is it not possible to penetrate the cervix?  Is the opening just too tight and will not permit any penetration?

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

Answer
The cervix is designed to prevent penile penetration of the uterus.  It functions as a barrier in intercourse.  It also functions to suck semen from the ejaculation into the uterus for fertilization.  So there is no need to worry about breaking through the cervix during intercourse.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.