Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Ejaculation Frequency

Question
I am 44 years old,and i would like to know how often should a man in his 40's be ejaculating to keep his prostate healthy.I dont have prostate problems,i am just asking out of curiosity.

Answer
A team of doctors led by Dr. Graham Giles considered this question.  They surveyed a group of men with prostate cancer and an age-matched group without it about the frequency of their ejaculations at various points in their lives.  They found that men who ejaculated most often when they were young had the least incidence of prostate cancer later.

Dr. Giles recommends that younger males (teens and 20s) ejaculate at least six times a week.  The breakpoints contained in their data table for 20s were less than or equal to 3 times per week; 3-5; 5-7; greater than 7.  There was negligible difference in the rate of prostate cancer between 5-7 and greater than 7, but a significant difference between those two groups and the two groups representing 5 or fewer.

The breakpoints in the data table for the 40s were less than or equal to 2 times per week; 2-3; 3-4; greater than four.  The rate of prostate cancer declined at the greater than four level.  Without a specific pronouncement about healthy rate for the 40s, these data suggest that ejaculating more than four times a week is optimal.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.