Sex Toys/e-stim of the balls

Question
What are the long lasting of using e-stim on my balls. I like to put tens pads on either side of my scrotum so a nice buzz goes through my balls. Is this "frying" them in any way?

Answer
Hello S.

Sorry you did not feel I answered your question to your satisfaction.  Basically there is no answer to that question as there is not enough documentation or studies done on E-stim devices and tens units to answer what the long term effects are.  Also, I don't know how long you are using the tens pads, or what voltage you are using, so thought it best to give you general guidelines, as this type of play has to be used with common sense practices and I don't know your knowledge level.

The manufacturer states that: "E-stim devices made for erotic use have been marketed for over 15 years with few reports of any problems." This of course does not take in to consideration what type of use, the time of use or the level of stimulation, so is rather arbitrary.

With this type of play, you can get nerve damage, but how much or how long or at what voltage is really unknown.  It is like asking me if you can damage breast tissue during breast play.  Yes, you can, but if you play within the general guidelines you lessen the likelihood of this happening. And, it also depends on the type of play, the intensity and the duration of play.

If you have extended tingling for longer than 24 hours after play, I would say you are using the tens too long or at too high a voltage. But, used within the general guidelines, and practicing safely, then you shouldn't have any problems.

There are also several other considerations, like your sensitively level, etc... that would need to be assessed to determine if this could potentially damage you. And, only you can determine those things yourself. So, all I can really answer in this circumstance, is to follow the best practices for that type of play to reduce the potential for long-term damage.

Sorry it is not the best answer, but I'm not be a doctor and there is no actual documentation or studies about the long term effects of e-stim devices, so, unfortunately, that is the only answer I have.  I can't tell you that there will never be any risks, because there will always be risk. All I can do is give you information about some of the dangers and then you must come to your own conclusions.

If you fear the long term use of a tens unit, you may want to try an E-stim device which is made for erotic play and is much safer.

So use your best judgement.

And, thank you for your feedback as well.

Domina

Sex Toys

Domina