Sex Toys/Sex toy

Question
Hi Domina,

I am male, 34, 180 lbs, and feel very well.  Due to ulcerative colitis, I had my entire large colon removed.  Furthermore, a J-Pouch was created inside of me.  Can you recommend an Aneros (or any other brand) sex toy for my situation.  I am a beginner and my budget is $150 CAD.  

Thanks,

SK in Ottawa

Answer
Hello SK,

Thank you for your question.

From the little that I have read about your condition and having anal stimulation after surgery, it is not recommended.  

"If you have the J-Pouch, the answer to the anal sex question is unfortunately, NO. The J-Pouch is sewn right to the anal canal. This provides almost no room for a toy to pass through, as the small intestine is very narrow (the width of a drinking straw, or your pinky finger at most). It is also not as elastic as the rectum, so cannot stretch as freely when an object is inserted. There’s also the concern of the suture site being right there, and any stretching can certainly drastically increase the risk of a tear. If it wouldn’t be the visceral skin that is torn, it could possibly be any suture holding the J-Pouch in place, creating the effect of a rupture in the intestinal lining...."

I would first contact your doctor and see what they say about the dangers are or concerns.

If they say it is ok, then I would start with a small finger first, to see if you can accommodate it and how it feels.  If that is okay, and your doctors says ok, you could try the smallest Aneros which is the SGX model.  From Aneros:

"The SGX is our smallest model. It was originally developed for the Asian market and is geared towards men 5’6” and shorter, but this does not mean that our other models would be too large. Like the MGX, it has a balanced head and ribbed stem with a thick, standard perineum tab. The SGX is for men of all experience levels, but users getting good results from the SGX will want to move to a larger model. Due to its smaller size, it may be a good starter model for men apprehensive about prostate stimulation."

However, I would be cautious about using anything that is ribbed, or with a thick base.  You may want to try another anal toy that is thinner and smooth. You want to avoid anything that could rupture or stretch the intestinal lining.

Again, I'm not a doctor, so don't feel that I can fully advise you on this subject unfortunately.  Seek the advise of a doctor first, and then start small.

Hope that helps,
Domina

Sex Toys

Domina