Sex Toys/Sexual Dilemma

Question

My name is Jen and I have been dating this guy for about four months now. We get all hot and bothered and get each other off using a ton of foreplay. The first time we tried to physically have sex...we couldn't. I was way too tight! We tried several different times and positions but nothing worked. I felt awful. The strange thing is, I have slept with one other person before, and had no problem. So this question has several parts. 1) Why was I able to fit my ex and not my current bf?

I googled this problem and found out that there is something (and for the life of me I forget what it's called) where a woman can get so nervous and too much in her head, that her vagina literally says 'nope, not gonna open'. These women affected by this have a hard time using tampons too (I am one of these). So that brings me to the second part of the question- is this a legitimate thing? And what can I do about it?

The suggestions I found online about how to resolve this all came back to getting wet, comfortable and using a toy. I'm going to a sex shop this week to pick up a toy to help with this whole thing, but I don't know where to begin! And this is the final part of my question- How do I choose a dildo/vibrator that's best for my current situation?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hello Jen,

Thank you for your question.

1) Why was I able to fit my ex and not my current bf?

Well, our sexual organs are all shaped different, some larger, some smaller, etc...  According to the Kama Sutra, men and women come in three classes or sizes:

Men's penis sizes:

Hare- Small
Bull- Average
Horse- Large

Women's vagina sizes:

Doe- Small
Mare- Average
Elephant- Deep

There are three equal unions between persons of corresponding dimensions, and there are six unequal unions, when the dimensions do not correspond.

So, it may be that you and your current BF don't have genital sizes that correspond (or fit) each other.

However, it sounds like the issue may be more to do with your small vagina, as you have a hard time using tampons.  Luckily, there is a way to fix this, by using vaginal dilators.

Dr. Laura Berman has made a dilator set for women to allow you to accommodate a larger sized penis without discomfort and pain):

http://www.sextoy.com/Extras/Ben-Wa-Balls-and-Kegel-Exercisers/Kegel-Exercisers/

And, here is a good guide on how to use them-
http://pelvicguru.com/2013/08/30/vaginal-dilator-guide-for-patients-part-1/

The condition you may have (Vaginismus)-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginismus

So, practice with these, and eventually you should be able to accommodate your partner.

Remember to use lots of lube for training and during sex.  Apply more as needed.  Relax, take a hot bath and get a massage beforehand with your lover if you can.  Breath deeply and he has to make sure he goes extra slow during penetration. He can start with one finger, then two and work his way up to his penis, if you feel comfortable during that process.  Don't force it.  Use lots of stimulation of the clitoris, vulva and G-spot, and any other area that makes you hot before and during intercourse.

Hope that helps!

Domina  

Sex Toys

Domina