Sex Toys/Getting Turned On

Question
I've got some serious PTSD, and it's really getting in the way of being even remotely interested in sex. I want my husband, who has been very understanding and patient, to feel loved. I'd also really like to enjoy sex again, and I'm trying to find ways to get super turned-on before he gets home from work (but while I'm in public and around others).

I did invest in a medium njoy pure plug, which is nice, but I'm thinking I'd like to find a vibrator or dildo I can leave in vaginally for a few hours. I've never purchased either but know I'd have no problem using something past the 'beginner' stage. (Interested in the rabbits, too.) I just don't have experience with what's best for quality/health/results. I'd love advice on that and any other options!

Oh, I'm a fairly petite chica in all ways applicable (just in case that's helpful).

Thanks for your help! This is a big deal to me and I appreciate any insight!

Answer
Hello Jen,

Thank you for your question.

It really depends on what kind of stimulation you want, as there are various types of toys that could be worn throughout the day.

If you want vibration only, you could try a vibrating egg with a retrieval cord.  Eggs are insertable, but won't fill you up like a dildo would.  If you want something for penetration, you could try a hands-free vibrator that straps-on with an insertable part.  Since you mentioned Rabbits, here is a toy that straps in place and that you can wear for a while, has a dildo part and a clitoral stimulator:
http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/Vibrators/Hands-Free-Vibrators/Impulse-5-Hyper

Also, you may be interested in a kegel toy.  Most of these are made for doing kegel exercises, however some are made for pleasure as well.
http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/Extras/Ben-Wa-Balls-and-Kegel-Exercisers/Ben-W

The V1 is fairly expensive.  However it has powerful vibrations and helps you get more orgasmic and turned on, because you work your PC muscle with it.

You also may want to try some stimulating gels, which bring blood to the genital area and make you more aroused as well.  There are ones for clitoral and G-spot-
http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/Lubes-and-Lotions/Sexual-Enhancers/For-Women?a

Also, if you are into erotica, you could try reading some of that before he gets home to stimulate your mind.  Our mind is our biggest "sex" organ, so stimulating that may help you feel more sexual and aroused.  And, before sex with your husband, spend lots of time on foreplay with each other.  The build up of sexual energy will help you get more aroused.  Women take much longer to arouse initially so this may help you as well.  Try some erotic massage together, or oral stimulation, even flirting and heavy kissing/ making out, for at least 30 minutes before you have sex.  You husband sounds very patient, so I'm sure he would love to help you by having lots of foreplay.

Arousal is not like a switch we can just turn on.  So take it slow, masturbate when you can to get the arousal back, use lots of foreplay before sex, and try different things, including toys, and see what works for you.

Hope that helps!

Domina

Sex Toys

Domina