Sex Toys/Vibrators and Menstrual Cycle

Question
Hii.. I'm a female, 41 years of age. Just a month back i bought a body massager. I used the smallest attachment (shaped like a very small dick) as a vibrator and boy, did i get an instant high!!!! Honestly, i've never used a vibrator / dildo before.
Superexcited, i used it a couple of more times. But after 2 days, my periods started. And they just din't stop.. went on for 12 days before i consulted my Gynae. She put on some hormone pills and only then did my cycle stop. Was this bcoz of the massager (am too scared to use it now)? The speed is quite high ( I think) compared to a regular vibrator. Should i use it again? (Coz i'm very tempted to)

Answer
Hello Dianne,

Using a vibrator has nothing to do with your menstrual cycle.  It cannot affect when you cycle or for how long.  The only thing it can do is give you an orgasm which in turn can lessen the pain of menstrual cramps in some women.

Be assured that your vibrator is not connected to your menstrual cycle, it was just a fluke that your cycle was overly long right afterwards.

Here is a study on Vibrators:

"Clinically, vibrators may be recommended as an adjunct to treatment for female sexual dysfunction (e.g., anorgasmia, female sexual arousal disorder, and
persistent sexual arousal syndrome) and sexual problems...
Findings from this study are significant in that they demonstrate, for the first time among a scientific and nationally representative sample of women in the United States, that vibrator use is: (i) common among diverse groups of women; (ii) associated with health-promoting behaviors; (iii) associated with positive sexual function; and (iv) rarely related to negative side effects."

You are safe to continue using your vibrator.  Just make sure you clean it thoroughly before and after use, and if you are using a lube, use a good water-based one free of parabens and sugars (glucose).

Thank you,
Domina  

Sex Toys

Domina