Sex Toys/Large anal toys

I almost feel silly asking this, it's well past my skill level as a virgin, but... are really big toys safe?

I mostly ask because I've seen guys taking 10+ inches like it's nothing, and I... honestly... kinda... want to try it. I mean, obviously not immediately, I know you've gotta take stuff slowly, but... still feel the need to ask.

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your question.

In my opinion, no... really big toys are not "safe" for anal play.  That is because the anus is not meant to stretch as much as the vagina can.  So, if you use large toys a lot, you can loose the normal elasticity of the anus, which "could" eventually lead to prolapse, or incontinence of the bowels.  Also, you could tear the anal tissue which is very dangerous as well...

However, many men and women do use and enjoy very large toys up their anus.  I think it is bad for you in the long run personally.  

Also, I don't think you have to stretch out your anus in order to feel pleasure.  And, the prostate is only 2-3 inches inside, which is one of the main sources of pleasure for men via anal sex.  So, it is unnecessary to use huge toys.

I think this is also a fad, for guys and women to outdo each other in how much they can take.  And, I think more porn stars do this that real people, although real people do as well...

But, it is very prevalent in porn, so not a stupid question.  But I wouldn't feel pressured in doing it unless you really want to, and then you would want to go very slowly and work yourself up in size.  And, weigh the consequences of doing it with your long term health.

Hope that helps!

Sex Toys

I am your Personal Pleasure Guide and I can answer questions about any sex toy on the market, including toys for women, men, transgender, bi, gay, lesbian or other. My specialties include women's sexuality, sexual pleasure and sex toys for women, including the G-spot, body safe lubricants, sex toy materials, including those to avoid. I also know a lot about men's sex toys include dolls, c-rings, prostate stimulators, anal toys, and masturbators. I have extensive knowledge about bondage and kink toys including proper and safe usage, as well as sex toys for couples and romance products to help spice up and enhance your relationship. In addition to sex toys, I am very knowledgeable about sexuality, the sexual response cycle, and sexual anatomy, so can advise you on the best toys for specific body parts and how to use them for maximum benefit. I have tested numerous sensation and stimulating creams as well, so can advise on these type of products, if they work, how to use them, and what products to avoid. If you are wondering about a product comparison, I can give you my honest opinion on many varieties of a similar toy type, including pros and cons of each. In addition to sex toy questions, I do have a lot of knowledge about human sexuality and relationships as well and have answered questions about open relationships, erectile dysfunction, and other issues. If I don't have the answer myself, I will find it for you, as well as other resources to check out. My G+ Profile is here-

As as pleasure consultant, I have worked for 6 years in various sex toy shops, including brick and mortar shops where I advised customers on what types of toys they may like to purchase, as well as educating them on the toys and sexuality in general. For the past 5 years I have honestly reviewed over 1000 sex toy products, including creating a guide to body safe lubes (paraben and glycerin free), written articles on sex toy materials and some known toxins, sex toy safety, glass toys and their safety, Eco-friendly sex toys, sex toys for women, men and couples to share. I have an established sex toy review blog with over 5000 articles, reviews and sexual information posts, and have gained a reputation as a sex toy expert.

Society for Human Sexuality, San Francisco Club Cal Exotics Xbiz Real Sex Toy Reviews

Publications, Sex Life Canada,, the Sex Carnival, Whiplash!, SMUT, Divine Caroline, Carnal nation, Good Vibes magazine, Lover Magazine, Broken Pencil, AltSexTalk, Ezine Articles, Real Sex Toy Reviews, Boinkology, Examiner,, and many more.

6 years working in the sex toy industry 5 years reviewing sex toys and writing articles on sexuality BFA and a BA Numerous workshops on sexuality and sex toys in general.

Governor General's Award for the highest GPA

My main emphasis is writing sex educational review of sexuality products for the adult public via my blog and various other publications. I have also written articles and product descriptions for various sex toys shops including, TabuToys, Pink Cherry, Babeland, Good Vibes,, MyTickleSpot, as well as numerous specialty shops and manufacturers of quality sex toy products. Manufacturers include Lelo, We-Vibe, Cal Exotics, Pipedreams, Sportsheets, Ruby Glass, Happy Valley, Fun Factory, Vibratex, Liberator, Adam & Eve, Dr Laura Berman Intimate Basics, Big Teaze Toys, Tantus and more.