Sex Toys/sex toys for the aging woman

Question
I am a woman over 70 who has suddenly developed a libido and a desire for sex. Is this common at my age? There are no men in my life to satisfy this need. I have tried some sex toys (I had never used these devices before, so I was not familiar with choice,how to use them--frequency of use---I bought a bunch of devices, some are large pink things that don't fit G spots (I don't seem to remember this from my youth) and clit. I even have a giant black phallus that is actually scary.

Question---Is self sex common even after 70 and can it be harmful?
what devices would be pleasant for me to use?

Answer
Hello Carole,

Glad to hear your libido is still going strong.  Yes, it is common for women of your age to still desire sexual pleasure and to self pleasure.  It is harder as women age to find suitable sex partners, but that doesn't mean we have to forsake sexual pleasure and health.  In fact, studies show that the more sexually active you are, even via self-pleasure, the happier you are and it also helps to keep your sexual organs healthy.  So, no, self-pleasure is not harmful, it is  actually beneficial. You can read this article I wrote about how masturbation is good for your health here-
http://gspotgirl.com/10-reasons-why-you-should-masturbate-because-its-good-for-y

Sounds like the toys you have won't do the trick. As women age, your vagina can actually shrink do to less use and women also have naturally less lubrication as they get older. So a smaller sized dildo sounds like a better choice for you and make sure to use lots of body safe water based lubricant.

Because the majority of women get off more with clitoral stimulation I would recommend a good wand vibrator for clitoral stimulation.  One like the Magic Wand is good (very powerful) and you can also get it now in the rechargeable, cordless version.  My good friend and fellow reviewer Joan Price recommends it.  She is an "advocate for ageless sexuality" and "senior sexpert," who writes about aging sex and reviews sex toys for women over 60+.
Here is her website- http://joanprice.com/

At my online toy shop, there are many wand vibrators to choose from including the rechargeable Magic Wand, and currently they are all up to 50% off-
http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/category/15/Vibrators/Body-Massagers

Here is the Magic Wand rechargeable- http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/product/CNVELD-VHIT270/magic-wand-unplugged-re

The Embrace Body Wand is also a good choice because you can actually use both ends, one for clitoral and the other end is insertable for vaginal stimulation, so basically two toys in one.  The Embrace- http://shop.popmycherryreview.com/product/CNVELD-SE4608-10/embrace-body-wand-gra

Let me know if you would like some other recommendations for vaginal insertion, as well.  Although the Embrace as I said above is good for both clitoral and vaginal.

Hope that helps :)
Good luck with your exploration!  

Sex Toys

Domina