Sex Toys/complicated question?

are there a list of dildos that are completely latex free and how long age wise before they have to be replaced?
my boyfriend has low testosterone, works hard (tired) and is suggesting I get one.  I'm not comfortable with the idea, having some issues with bringing a third party into the bedroom as:
1.  undermining his masculinity
2.  being unable to orgasm with just him after using toys
3.  comfort of using a toy due to scarring (clitoral has to be super soft and is great for a quick start but not satisfying- more frustrating without penetration)
4.  allergic to latex or adhesive materials that seem to be used in toys
5.  noise!!  very small house with children

Hello me,

Thank you for your questions.

Yes, there are lots of body-safe, latex-free sex toy materials.  The best soft material is silicone and is completely body-safe and doesn't contain latex. However, you have to make sure you purchase a good brand of toy, like Lelo, Tantus or Fun Factory, to be sure you are getting a toy that is 100% premium silicone.  There are lots of other manufacturers that make substandard silicone-hybred toys with questionable materials.  A silicone toy will last forever with proper care, cleaning and use.

If your boyfriend is suggesting you get a dildo, then I don't think you will be undermining his masculinity. After all, he suggested it.  Just make sure he is part of your arousal, and you can get him to penetrate you with the dildo.  There are even strap-ons for men, if he is open to trying that, which feels very much like you are doing the real thing.

Using toys to orgasm will not take away from experiencing orgasm with him.  It is just another way to achieve orgasm.

If you are using a dildo, it would be for vaginal penetration only, so wouldn't be used on the clitoris.  A vibrator, on the other hand, is used for clitoral stimulation.  There are lots of small, quiet vibrators, that have a range of power settings, so can be quite gentle on the clitoris. Look for ones that are made of ABS plastic and silicone.  And, read reviews about noise rating before you purchase.  If possible, go to a sex shop in person and ask them to show you various vibrators so you can check out the noise level.  Many are whisper quiet.

Hope this helps answer your questions.  If you have any more, let me know.

Happy Orgasms!

Sex Toys

I am your Personal Pleasure Guide and I can answer questions about any sex toy on the market, including toys for women, men, transgender, bi, gay, lesbian or other. My specialties include women's sexuality, sexual pleasure and sex toys for women, including the G-spot, body safe lubricants, sex toy materials, including those to avoid. I also know a lot about men's sex toys include dolls, c-rings, prostate stimulators, anal toys, and masturbators. I have extensive knowledge about bondage and kink toys including proper and safe usage, as well as sex toys for couples and romance products to help spice up and enhance your relationship. In addition to sex toys, I am very knowledgeable about sexuality, the sexual response cycle, and sexual anatomy, so can advise you on the best toys for specific body parts and how to use them for maximum benefit. I have tested numerous sensation and stimulating creams as well, so can advise on these type of products, if they work, how to use them, and what products to avoid. If you are wondering about a product comparison, I can give you my honest opinion on many varieties of a similar toy type, including pros and cons of each. In addition to sex toy questions, I do have a lot of knowledge about human sexuality and relationships as well and have answered questions about open relationships, erectile dysfunction, and other issues. If I don't have the answer myself, I will find it for you, as well as other resources to check out. My G+ Profile is here-

As as pleasure consultant, I have worked for 6 years in various sex toy shops, including brick and mortar shops where I advised customers on what types of toys they may like to purchase, as well as educating them on the toys and sexuality in general. For the past 5 years I have honestly reviewed over 1000 sex toy products, including creating a guide to body safe lubes (paraben and glycerin free), written articles on sex toy materials and some known toxins, sex toy safety, glass toys and their safety, Eco-friendly sex toys, sex toys for women, men and couples to share. I have an established sex toy review blog with over 5000 articles, reviews and sexual information posts, and have gained a reputation as a sex toy expert.

Society for Human Sexuality, San Francisco Club Cal Exotics Xbiz Real Sex Toy Reviews

Publications, Sex Life Canada,, the Sex Carnival, Whiplash!, SMUT, Divine Caroline, Carnal nation, Good Vibes magazine, Lover Magazine, Broken Pencil, AltSexTalk, Ezine Articles, Real Sex Toy Reviews, Boinkology, Examiner,, and many more.

6 years working in the sex toy industry 5 years reviewing sex toys and writing articles on sexuality BFA and a BA Numerous workshops on sexuality and sex toys in general.

Governor General's Award for the highest GPA

My main emphasis is writing sex educational review of sexuality products for the adult public via my blog and various other publications. I have also written articles and product descriptions for various sex toys shops including, TabuToys, Pink Cherry, Babeland, Good Vibes,, MyTickleSpot, as well as numerous specialty shops and manufacturers of quality sex toy products. Manufacturers include Lelo, We-Vibe, Cal Exotics, Pipedreams, Sportsheets, Ruby Glass, Happy Valley, Fun Factory, Vibratex, Liberator, Adam & Eve, Dr Laura Berman Intimate Basics, Big Teaze Toys, Tantus and more.