Sex Toys/sharing a Hitachi

Question
My husband enjoys anal stimulation while he masturbates and likes to insert our sex toys. After that, I feel like they're not sanitary to use in my vagina, even after they've been washed. No big deal for most of the toys, really, but I just bought myself a Hitachi Magic Wand. I've enjoyed it a few times, but yesterday I came home and he had rubbed it all over his butthole. He washed it with dish soap, but I'm afraid it's too dirty for me to use again. I get vaginal infections really easily. Do you think my Magic Wand can be adequately sanitized so I can use it again, or should I just start saving for a new one?

Answer
Hello Amanda,

Thank you for your question.

Uhggg! That is really not nice to use someone else's toy for anal play without using a condom or something over it.

Unfortunately, if you have the "Original" Magic Wand (plug-in type), then the head is made of PVC which is a type of soft plastic and it is porous, which means bacteria can get into the tiny pores in the material. That means, there is no way to safely sanitize it. :(

If you have the new rechargeable version, then the head is made of silicone, which is non-porous, which means it doesn't have small pores that can hold bacteria and it can be sanitized. To sanitize the rechargeable you can wipe it with 10% bleach solution, or rubbing alcohol for a few minutes to kill germs.

If yours is the Original, then I suggest still sanitizing it (knowing you can't get 100% of the bacteria out of it), and then using a large condom on the head to use against your vagina. You could also look a purchasing a sleeve attachment for it, but keep in mind, many of these are not silicone either. Silicone is the only soft material that can be sanitized. So, I'd make sure the attachment is silicone.

I would also give your husband a scolding, buy him some condoms and tell him to use them if he borrows your toys again.  Or better yet, give him the Magic Wand and tell him to buy you the new rechargeable version, then hide it ;)

Toys used anally should never be used on/in the vagina unless they can be sterilized afterwards. Materials that can be sterilized are Silicone, Glass, Metal and hard ABS Plastic.

Hope that helps.  

Sex Toys

Domina