Shakespeare/Shakespeares's sonnet 29 need help with meter

Janice wrote at 2011-03-26 21:04:44
Actually, Shakespeare put two stresses besdie each other, Deaf and Heav (in heaven)to stick out on purpose as to enhance the feeling of anger and sadness he felt towards his cries going unheard.

He commonly changed from iambic to trochaic to put emphasis on words or give them a more natural sounding effect rather than di-Dum di-Dum all the time.

It was not a mistake but a poetic device, and his variation made the sonnet much better.

Also Shakespeare didn't always put 10 syllables everyline because it was obviously not a rule set in stone and if he felt that the line needed the word 'my' and did not jeopradize the sound of the beat/line he kept it.

In many of his sonnets there will be a line with 9 or 11 syllables because as it's known the theme/message comes before the structure in writing, so why would he take away from the theme if he didnt need to?

I just wanted to point out that Shakespeare didn't make a mistake, he obviously did it on purpose and there are many cases supporting this.  

Peter Parker wrote at 2014-07-01 10:51:49
Do you want to know if your partner loves you? Use this application to know the loving affinity degree with your partner. Also you can check here many other application to check you love flame ans Love Horoscope and many ,ore.

Randy Sus

I`m a retired high school English teacher from central Wisconsin. I taught Shakespeare for years and am very familiar with his writing style, his themes, his sonnets, and most of his plays. I taught Julius Caesar, King Lear, Richard the Third, and A Midsummer Night`s Dream for years. I`ve memorized many of the lines from these plays and I know many sonnets by heart. I`d be glad to respond to questions regarding Shakespeare`s life, works, and times if anyone desired such information.

I have a master's degree in education and I take most pride in having ENJOYED teaching for over 30 years. Not everyone can honestly say that. I coached undefeated high school soccer teams for fun too. I like public relations work and have served on P.R. committees for most of my professional life. I continue to do so in retirement.