Shareware/Freeware/visually impaired unable to locate cursor

Question
My 94 year old husband, who is visually impaired, uses a HP laptop that runs Windows 7. His most frustrating problem seems to be finding the cursor as he has both macular degeneration and glaucoma. I've made the cursor (arrow) as large as possible with the trails and shown him how to use the control key to put a circle around the cursor, but his vision is so bad that he still has a great deal of trouble. Is there a way that he could touch the screen and the cursor would appear there or some other method of aiding him as this is his biggest source of information since he can no longer read a book or newspaper? Appreciate any ideas you can give me.

Answer
The only thing I can suggest is buying him a touch screen monitor. You just touch the screen, so no need to use a mouse. Best buy sells touch screens and so does amazon. Their not cheep around 400-800, but would fit your husband needs. Just do some research before buying your touch screen monitor to make sure it would be good for your husband.  

Shareware/Freeware

Russell Smiley