Shareware/Freeware/RE: avi to DVD

Question
hi russell,
i have downloaded some movies in avi format, now to convert to dvd format, i downloaded from Cnet Xilisoft, it is asking me to install Microsoft .net , i am a bit reluctant as its office computer, & there will be ramifications for that. As it is , I am not even supposed to download movies from torrent there.
Q: is it safe to also install the microsoft.net software,? i don't know what it even does.
Thanks,

Answer
Yes, The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 web installer package downloads and installs the .NET Framework components required to run on the target machine architecture and OS. An Internet connection is required during the installation. .NET Framework 4 is required to run and develop applications to target the .NET Framework 4.

Shareware/Freeware

Russell Smiley