i was wondering if dorper sheep can take Copasure its a copper capsule. without them getting hurt

While Copasure advertises that it is OK to give to sheep, in my experience, I find it a bit dangerous. Goats- not a problem. But sheep. YIPES.   Before giving them this capsule, I would make sure I have a vet check their copper levels to see if the medicine would be effect and warranted.  Sheep, unlike goats, can be poisoned by copper.  While some copper (and I mean  little) is fine in their diet, too much can kill them.

For doper sheep, using this as a wormer, studies have indicated that a smaller dose does as well as a larger dose when dealing with parasite.  Recommendations say 0.5 g or 1 g COWP every 6 weeks (May-October).

Good luck to you!!

Kari Wempe

I can answer most questions about raising, breeding, feeding, showing,typical illnesses, pregnancy, birthing, bottle feeding,showing and sheering sheep. I have raised sheep for show and production for 20 years. The breeds of sheep I am most familier with are Crossbred, Suffolk, Hampshire- basically black face sheep. I deal with the classification of meat sheep over bred for wool sheep.

I have raised a flock of sheep for 20 years on our farm. Very involved in 4H, FFA aspects and their rules, jackpot shows, state, regional, county and local shows.

Experience is my best creditial however, I have a college education and have taught many classes ( in other catagories), so I am familiar in the ways of teaching others.

Many breed awards- champion and grand champion awards in Kansas for the past 20 years, showmanship awards at local and state level in Kansas.