Sheep/Shepherding/Anemia

Question
we have a ram and he looks lil bit sick he doesn't have bottlejaw yet thank God, but the inside of his eyelids are white. what should i do? thank you

Answer
Hello again,

Sounds like your ram needs a little TLC... NOW!  I would start with a good wormer. Your local feed store for the right one in your area.  Some like Valbazin but this wormer is what I would start off with. Next a sub-q injection on a Vitamin B complex ( follow the label).

Make sure the ram has plenty to eat and drink. If he becomes more lethargic or withdrawn, call the vet for a farm call.  If he is worth you time (like is a good ram) then you really don't want to lose him.

Good luck and blessings.

Kari

Sheep/Shepherding

Kari Wempe