we have a ram and he looks lil bit sick he doesn't have bottlejaw yet thank God, but the inside of his eyelids are white. what should i do? thank you

Hello again,

Sounds like your ram needs a little TLC... NOW!  I would start with a good wormer. Your local feed store for the right one in your area.  Some like Valbazin but this wormer is what I would start off with. Next a sub-q injection on a Vitamin B complex ( follow the label).

Make sure the ram has plenty to eat and drink. If he becomes more lethargic or withdrawn, call the vet for a farm call.  If he is worth you time (like is a good ram) then you really don't want to lose him.

Good luck and blessings.

Kari Wempe

I can answer most questions about raising, breeding, feeding, showing,typical illnesses, pregnancy, birthing, bottle feeding,showing and sheering sheep. I have raised sheep for show and production for 20 years. The breeds of sheep I am most familier with are Crossbred, Suffolk, Hampshire- basically black face sheep. I deal with the classification of meat sheep over bred for wool sheep.

I have raised a flock of sheep for 20 years on our farm. Very involved in 4H, FFA aspects and their rules, jackpot shows, state, regional, county and local shows.

Experience is my best creditial however, I have a college education and have taught many classes ( in other catagories), so I am familiar in the ways of teaching others.

Many breed awards- champion and grand champion awards in Kansas for the past 20 years, showmanship awards at local and state level in Kansas.