can you over feed a bottle fed lamb to the point that it comes back up and flows to the outside of the stomach forming two saddle bag looking things.  I am pretty sure its not bloat.

The simple answer is yes, you can overfeed/ bottle feed a lamb. I have never heard if it backflowing outside the linings of the stomachs.  If it is young lamb, I would make sure that it can "poop".  sometimes the mother does not clean them well and if the tail has not been cropped, then that sticky poo likes to seal the anus closed. Warm water and a delicate soap will clear the way.  The reason why I mention this, is that the side to side "saddle bags" sound more like gas trapped intestinally.

Try that and see if it works, it maybe due to your bottle feed regime that mama ewe has lost interest all together of this lamb.

Good luck.

Please complete rating.

Kari Wempe

I can answer most questions about raising, breeding, feeding, showing,typical illnesses, pregnancy, birthing, bottle feeding,showing and sheering sheep. I have raised sheep for show and production for 20 years. The breeds of sheep I am most familier with are Crossbred, Suffolk, Hampshire- basically black face sheep. I deal with the classification of meat sheep over bred for wool sheep.

I have raised a flock of sheep for 20 years on our farm. Very involved in 4H, FFA aspects and their rules, jackpot shows, state, regional, county and local shows.

Experience is my best creditial however, I have a college education and have taught many classes ( in other catagories), so I am familiar in the ways of teaching others.

Many breed awards- champion and grand champion awards in Kansas for the past 20 years, showmanship awards at local and state level in Kansas.