Sheep/Shepherding/newborn lambs 6days old

Question
twins 4 horn , they drink replacement milk, are very playful, but i notice that the bigger one urine is dark and when i clean it up looks like blood.

Answer
Barbara,
This is difficult to determine. The lamb sounds like it feels good, which is helpful. I am hoping you are feeding lamb replacer and not goat replacer milk.  Goat replacer milk has a tendency to have copper in it which does not bother the goats, but can be lethal for the sheep.

also, if in fact the lamb has a urinary infection, a 5 cc sub-q injection of Pen B48 every other day for a stretch of 10 days, should help eliminate it.

Good luck,

Kari

Sheep/Shepherding

Kari Wempe