Sheep/Shepherding/newborn lambs 6days old

twins 4 horn , they drink replacement milk, are very playful, but i notice that the bigger one urine is dark and when i clean it up looks like blood.

This is difficult to determine. The lamb sounds like it feels good, which is helpful. I am hoping you are feeding lamb replacer and not goat replacer milk.  Goat replacer milk has a tendency to have copper in it which does not bother the goats, but can be lethal for the sheep.

also, if in fact the lamb has a urinary infection, a 5 cc sub-q injection of Pen B48 every other day for a stretch of 10 days, should help eliminate it.

Good luck,

Kari Wempe

I can answer most questions about raising, breeding, feeding, showing,typical illnesses, pregnancy, birthing, bottle feeding,showing and sheering sheep. I have raised sheep for show and production for 20 years. The breeds of sheep I am most familier with are Crossbred, Suffolk, Hampshire- basically black face sheep. I deal with the classification of meat sheep over bred for wool sheep.

I have raised a flock of sheep for 20 years on our farm. Very involved in 4H, FFA aspects and their rules, jackpot shows, state, regional, county and local shows.

Experience is my best creditial however, I have a college education and have taught many classes ( in other catagories), so I am familiar in the ways of teaching others.

Many breed awards- champion and grand champion awards in Kansas for the past 20 years, showmanship awards at local and state level in Kansas.