Sheep/Shepherding/Sick sheep

Question
We raise hair sheep for meat purposes. We have one ewe approx. 4 yr old that is sick. Her ears are very droopy and she acts a little dazed, she trembles alot and the number one issue is she is drooling constantly. She has been drooling for 3 days now. She attempts to eat and drink but I don't know how much she is really getting.

Answer
Mary,
My initial instinct is that your ewe has a partial obstructed airway. OR... if she has been on clover, that might make her drool as well.  
I would also increase her fluid intake by giving her 120 CC of fluid (  half water half Gatorade) by drench gun.  If she is not taking in enough nutrients, then she will become wobbley.
Check her airway before giving her the fluid, however.

Good luck,
Kari

Sheep/Shepherding

Kari Wempe