Sheep/Shepherding/sheep health

i foud this ewe she has a lump next to her ear, it looks like it has pus in it, i'm not sure tho. but what could this be and what should i do, thank you.

If the lump is not solid, you may want to get a large bore syringe ( obviously have someone hold the head) and excise the fluid. It may go up in the needle as you pull back the plunger or the pus may just come out with pressure once an opening is made.  After you complete the task and feel that most or all of the pus has been taken out rinse the area well and peroxide it- inside and out. Make sure you watch it carefully until it has closed as you do not want fly bots getting in there and creating more trouble.  Good luck!!

Kari Wempe

I can answer most questions about raising, breeding, feeding, showing,typical illnesses, pregnancy, birthing, bottle feeding,showing and sheering sheep. I have raised sheep for show and production for 20 years. The breeds of sheep I am most familier with are Crossbred, Suffolk, Hampshire- basically black face sheep. I deal with the classification of meat sheep over bred for wool sheep.

I have raised a flock of sheep for 20 years on our farm. Very involved in 4H, FFA aspects and their rules, jackpot shows, state, regional, county and local shows.

Experience is my best creditial however, I have a college education and have taught many classes ( in other catagories), so I am familiar in the ways of teaching others.

Many breed awards- champion and grand champion awards in Kansas for the past 20 years, showmanship awards at local and state level in Kansas.