Sheep/Shepherding/Sheep with white muscle disease

Question
How long after you treat a sheep with Selenium and vitamins E do you see results. My lamb is 3 months old and last night she started walking into the walls and other sheep like she lost her sight. I moved her in a stall by herself. This morning she down and I can not get her up. I called my vet and the other person I know who raise sheep and they to.d me this is what she has and what to give her. It has been 4. Hours and no improvement yet. I don't want to lose her she is my first born. Help please. Her neck is stiff and she does not make any sounds now.6xl

Answer
Diane
White muscle disease is really difficult to treat and results are not favorable. Keep the lamb hydrated if at all possible and I would add a shot of vit B12 as well.  If she is stiff and acts like she has a really bad headache she made be suffering with some swelling in the brain due to some infection.  Make sure her navel is clean and that her feet are not infected. The Vit B 12 can help and certainly cannot hurt her.

I am hoping you should see positive results this evening. Keep up the shots of Selenium and Vitamin E, until the lamb's strength is back.

Prayers to you.

Kari

Sheep/Shepherding

Kari Wempe