Shetland Sheepdogs/Shetland sheepdogs

Linda wrote at 2008-06-09 12:56:27
We went online to try to find out how much longer Tramp might be with us.  He is mostly blind and deaf, but has a routine for going outside and a path which we keep clear for him.  He just ate his morning treat, and still rolls over on his back for us to rub his belly!  He will be 19 in mid-December!

tigger2257 wrote at 2009-10-25 02:34:55
My Sheltie lived to be 16 years old.  My parents gave her to me when she was 8 weeks old!- She was the best little girl ever. I miss her terribly.  I always kept her up to date at the vets- and I watched her weight.

harriet sims wrote at 2012-10-27 01:03:07
My sheltie turned 19 today and is doing great!  Trying to find out if there's ever been one older

Kim Bennett wrote at 2015-01-18 20:01:45
My male Sheltie is 17 years and 4 months. He has slowed down a lot but is still top dog and he just might be the oldest living on record. The vet said he has lived well beyond his years

Shetland Sheepdogs

My wife and I are active Sheltie owners. Helpful hints on discipline, training, disposition, selection, and of course acquisition. We think like dogs, so we can help you understand yours!

2 Shelties currently owned. Rescued and placed 9 dogs (3 non Sheltie).

Middle TN Shetland Sheepdog Club, 1998-2000.

College graduate