Shih Tzus/Shih tzu with pancreatitis and yeast infection

Our five-year old rescue shih tzu has a history of pancreatitis - most recently in November.   Since that time she's been on a diet of boiled chicken (which my husband adds a small bit of elbow macaroni because he tells me she needs the fiber - I'm not convinced).  During the last few days she has had a lot of trouble sleeping at night because of scratching and shaking her ears.  Last night I took her to the vet and she has a yeast infection.  I was told that having her on the same diet for a long time might cause her to develop allergies and hence the yeast infection.  He told me to look for a dog food with either rabbit or venison.  I am not comfortable with any dog food because of the amount of recalls there have been over the last few years.  We also have a rescue lhasa - they eat the same foods and she's doing fine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Lynne - We like the Fromm's Brand of food - NEVER a recall in about 100 years --- here is the link ; check out the excellent ingredients - also they have a Store Locator

Also, you may want to get your kids onto the NuVET plus Wafer or Powder supplement ;
MOST of my clients take NuVET daily -  it's an Allergy Blaster and Immune system Booster  ( tell them Pet Nurse Marie sent you )
If you call in use discount code 81098 for the AUTOship discount program )
1-800-474-7044  ( costs about .63 Cents per day )  

Shih Tzus

The Shih Tzu Lady - you can -mail me at

NuVET supplements for your Shih Tzu ; Shih Tzu puppies; Feeding your new Shih Tzu puppy; Dog food for Shih Tzu ; NEED help ? e-mail me at: Worked for over 25 years with Veterinarians. Marie Peppers, Experience Licensed Nurse Trained in Holistic Pet Nutrition ; Supplements certifications * My comments to your questions are not to be used "in lieu of" veterinarian's advise or treatment - IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR DOG IS ILL OR INJURED, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY. I would be glad to assist in basic health and wellness questions. I have extensive knowledge and often help with client education. I also answer questions on Bulldogs under the Bulldog Expert on this site ****** VISIT My Consulting site for a FREE 20 minute Consultation ( Nutritional consults offered )

Certified pet nutrition expert. Doggie Chalet Hotel Owner ... and caregiver. Doggie FAT camp teacher - work with vets on pet weight loss and special diets. Published work on pet web sites ( health and wellness)

Pet Sitters LLC;

***My comments and answers to your questions or any information in my articles is not to be used "in lieu of" veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment.**

Licensed Nurse .

** high honors graduate ( college in Boston, MA)

Many Many happy doggie guests at our hotel