Silver and Flatware/rosalie silver plate ?

Rose Meadows wrote at 2014-08-11 21:58:32
I have a similar piece of silver plated copper.  Instead of the grid across the opening, mine has a glass insert pierced with several round holes.  It is a flower holder given to my mother as a wedding gift in 1960. On the bottom it is labeled Princess Royal 1881 Rogers Canada. I have been wondering what this piece is worth.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland