Silver and Flatware/Benedict Indestructo

Marie wrote at 2013-10-04 19:45:46
I also have what looks like a 4" bowl with a handle on each side (possibly a porridge bowl?)  Has the number 1248 on the bottom and was probably my grandmothers.  I couldn't get the second web site to work for me, but was quite happy to find another person who also has a Benedict Indestructo.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland