Silver and Flatware/Community Coronation markings

sjc wrote at 2013-02-20 21:36:13
Coronation silver plated flatware was created by Community in 1936 to honor the coronation of Edward VIII which never happened.  I possess an original 1936 set of cutlery and have added to it in the late 90's when Oneida (who purchased Community) underwent a pattern revival of some patterns.  Oneida also carried the stainless steel version of this.

My original set (in mahogany presentation box) was purchased by my English grandfather.  It was given to me as an 18th birthday/wedding gift (whichever came first) and is treasured by our whole family

margaret kaseska wrote at 2013-11-19 02:41:06
I have I think the same type thing the coronation silverware set I was told it was a set for 8people and on the back of the silverware it says community

Silver and Flatware

Jimmy Moore