Silver and Flatware/Community Coronation markings

sjc wrote at 2013-02-20 21:36:13
Coronation silver plated flatware was created by Community in 1936 to honor the coronation of Edward VIII which never happened.  I possess an original 1936 set of cutlery and have added to it in the late 90's when Oneida (who purchased Community) underwent a pattern revival of some patterns.  Oneida also carried the stainless steel version of this.

My original set (in mahogany presentation box) was purchased by my English grandfather.  It was given to me as an 18th birthday/wedding gift (whichever came first) and is treasured by our whole family

margaret kaseska wrote at 2013-11-19 02:41:06
I have I think the same type thing the coronation silverware set I was told it was a set for 8people and on the back of the silverware it says community

Silver and Flatware

Jimmy Moore

I can help you with any questions related to sterling flatware. It would be helpful to include a picture and any marks found on the pieces that would indicate the maker of the item. I have the most knowledge in the field of sterling flatware but should also be able to help with other silver related items including coin silver. I can also give you an idea of what your items would be worth in scrap silver if you are looking to sell the items you have. I can also be contacted through my website

Hi, I am the owner of and have been in the sterling flatware business for 11 years. I buy and sell sterling online and at trade shows. I have the most knowledge in sterling flatware but also could answer questions with anything related to silver which would include coin silver items. I enjoy helping people identify family heirlooms and giving them some knowledge about the items they have.

Bachelors Degree from the University of Morehead State