Silver and Flatware/German Silver (Nickel)

Doris Wagner wrote at 2010-10-17 10:14:29

just to let you know that in our family's heritage i found  a box of  6 spoons by F. Ehrenfeld Frankfurt a-M zeil 102-104 that seem to be almost identical to Stephanie's.

The only difference appears to be in the engravings on the back of the spoon.

Although having been sold as a set and looking identical their engravings differ.

3 are engraved with "ALPACCA", the other 3 with NEUSILBER and in an inner circle the initials E.F.S.   

Sally wrote at 2011-07-10 04:37:39
I am the Great-Great Granddaughter of the F. Ehrenfeld family and I have been researching our family history and came upon this post. I would be very interested in seeing what the box and flat wear look like. Is it possible for you to send me a photograph? I would really appreciate it a lot. I can also tell you a bit of history if you were interested. Sincerely, Sally

Doris Wagner wrote at 2015-12-04 20:19:19

I only came upon this page with my  answer from 2010 by chance. Obviously I would be ready to send photographs of the box and spoons to Sally.

Could you please forward her address to me?

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland