Silver and Flatware/mermod jaccard/rogers bros child's silverware

Angela wrote at 2010-08-13 04:01:03
I believe Mermod & Jaccard Jewelry Co was in St. Louis. It was formed about 1845. Before Mermod joined, the original company was founded in 1829 by watchmaker Louis Jaccard who came to St. Louis from Switzerland.

xulha wrote at 2011-12-02 20:22:02
I have this set.  The third piece is a spoon with a boy holding a sailboat.  Let me know if you ever found the pattern name.

hm73 wrote at 2012-03-07 16:27:58
I've just inherited a set fitting the descriptions given and they are all marked "1847 Rogers Bros.A1 Meriden" on the back. I believe that the pattern for this Youth Set is called "Fairie" dating from circa 1892.

jaxs wrote at 2014-06-03 00:25:03
I too have what I believe to be a ice cream knife with the same design.  Found it while in college searching at a thrift store for flatware many moons ago. Unable to locate anything on it either.  Thanks for the links.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland