Silver and Flatware/Rolex 'Bucherer of Switzerland' Teaspoon

Spoon Trader wrote at 2013-05-20 18:26:17
According to the site Jim has indicated, a hallmark was compulsory for watch cases but optional for silverware. If your spoon is heavy it is likely silver.  

Spoon Trader wrote at 2013-05-20 18:28:32
Also, based on your photo, it doesn't look like plate to me.  

georgia wrote at 2013-08-03 07:48:21

Your Rolex Bucherer lucerne cb 69 teaspoon is sterling silver I found one at the flea market and as I test everything I tested and the test gave a clear red reading.   I put a lot of pressure using a scratch stone and acid.

georgia wrote at 2013-08-11 13:10:43
I have the same spoon as yours Bucherer  If your spoon is not marked test it.  I had to test mine it is sterling not plated I made sure of that.  Remember sterling itself is only 90 percent silver the other 25percent is an alloy or the item would be too soft

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland