Silver and Flatware/Dinner Spoon --- Nevada Silver D&A

Nevada Silver
Nevada Silver  
Jim, I have a spoon that my Aunt gave me before she passed away. It is stamped:

Nevada Silver D&A

It is very light . I understand that it is electro plated nickel, silver and produced out of Birmingham, England. My Aunt said that it was crafted in the late 1800s and used in the home of my Great Grandmother/Grandfather who lived in Ontario . My Great Grandmother passed away in 1893 . Would that date be consistent with the production of this flatware? Thanks very much. - Neil

Hi, Neil.

Here is a discussion about Daniel & Arter:

Your spoon is made of silver plate and could very well have been made in the late 19th century. Unfortunately, its value probably is not great. Here's an example sale of three D&A teaspoons:

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland