Silver and Flatware/flatware

Dear Jim:  I recently inherited an estate that has a lot of flatware, sterling.silverplate and stainless.  What can I do with the silverplate? I don't want to piece it out where it will take me months or years to sell, so I am selling the sterling in  one lot. Is there anything I can do with the rest?Any info will be appreciated.

Hi, Darlene.

Unfortunately, there is not a large market for used silver plate and stainless. and might buy it. You could also offer the lot for sale on eBay. is another possibility. If you live in an area where an antique show might be coming to town, take your sets to the show to see if you an get offers from silver dealers.

If you would like an offer from me for the sterling, send an email to I'll need an inventory of pieces, their lengths and the name of the pattern. If you don't know the pattern, send a picture of a fork or teaspoon.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland