Silver and Flatware/german silver

I just bought german silver ingots and found out they  aren't silver do they have any vaule

Hi, Merle.

Pieces marked as "German Silver" generally don't have much value. It can get confusing because some pieces actually made in Germany may contain a high percentage of silver but they will have additional numbers or words to indicate that.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland