Silver and Flatware/silver knives with ivory handles

I had found some silver knives with ivory handles. I don't know anything about these, They have the Bigelow Kennard CO. on some and the name St, Stowellola Inc. on two of them in a set of six. Any info would be great Thanks Darrell Griffith

Hi, Darrell.

I am not familiar with these knives. Bigelow Kennard was in business under this name from around 1863 to 1922. I don't know anything about the other company.

Knives like this generally do not have a high value. Often, the only sterling involved is a small band at the pint where the handle meets the blade. However, there are exceptions for some collectibles. I can't say if this is true for these knives.

I recommend taking them by a high-end auction house or antique dealer to see what they say. If there is an antique dealer show in your area anytime soon, take the knives and talk with several dealers.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland