Silver and Flatware/Swedish Silver

Swedish 1
Swedish 1  

Swedish 2
Swedish 2  
Mother in-law pulled these out at Thanksgiving. We know nothing about them (history, value, etc) and internet searches resulted in zilch.

Your help is appreciated!

6 spoons, relish fork, and butter knife in wooden display case.

Exprns Ehrenberg

Made in Sweden

M.s. 830s)

Hi, Chris.

I don't know a lot about Swedish flatware but I can take a guess regarding "830s". It probably means that the silver content is 83% of the total weight. That's high but not as high as American sterling #92.5% silver#. If I am correct, the value probably is in the $175 to $275 range.

Bets wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland