Silver and Flatware/1847 ROGERS BROS

rogers bros
rogers bros  
I have a 10" latticed plate with the markings "1847 ROGERS BROS EPNS WMMTS P73". It does not have the mark "IS" anywhere on it. Can you identify this?

Hi, Leonard.

This is a silver plate tray with "white metal mounts" (probably non-silver mounts). "P73" probably is the model number. It may have been made before 1898 when International Silver took over this brand or it could have been made a few years after that while International still used the old marks. "1847" represents the founding date of the Rogers company.

i have not seen a plate like this before but it probably is a little more valuable than the typical silver plate piece like this.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland