Silver and Flatware/EXTRA PR.NS.ALP

Subject mark is found on a small two tined fork.  Also found on this fork is "SWEDEN" and no other marks.  Seems obvious the piece is from Sweden.  Otherwise, all I've discovered is there seem to be several of these around on ebay and whatnot.  I am unable so far to establish what the subject mark means.  My guess on the NS is that it is nickel silver, which of course as you know, being an expert, is not silver at all.  What else can you tell me about my cute little fork?

Hi, Kim.

I think all these marks taken together represent some quality of silver plate. Review this page: . Click on the Google "Translate" button at the top right of the browser screen. It translates well enough to glean some information from the various posts you find on this page.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland