Silver and Flatware/Identifying sterling child's fork

I would like some help in identifying the attached child's fork.  It has a giraffe on the handle with the words "Mr Giraffe"  The back has sterling and a makers mark which looks lie two birds facing each other with a shield between them. Value would also be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, Timothy.

I believe I've seen this mark before but the manufacturer escapes me. At my age, this happens quite a lot! Consider posting you question and pictures on the forum at A number of experts participate and maybe one will recognize it. They may not give you a value estimate. At the same site, there is a catalog of sterling marks. You might review the list as you have time.

With respect to value, pieces like this generally see in the $25 to $50 range. I suggest looking at actual sales of similar pieces on eBay for a better idea of value. For example, here's a recent sale: . It sold for a bit higher probably because it was from Tiffany.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland