Silver and Flatware/Rockford S P Flatware

I have 3 serving spoons. On the back it says Rockford S P Co 5* (star). I am curious as to when they were made, I believe they were owned by my grandparents.

Hi. Maureen.

I can't tell the exact year of manufacture. I can tell you that Rockford Silver Plate Co. was in business 1882-1925. After that, the name changed to Sheets-Rockford Silver Plate Co. and continued until 1956. They may have continued to use the Rockford marks even after the change in company name.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland