Silver and Flatware/Silver spoon

Silver spoon
Silver spoon  
I was hoping you could tell me what the purpose of this 'spoon' was?  And possibly where it may have come from.
It is 4.5" long.
Thank you, and have a great day,

Hi, Kara.

I've never seen one quite like this. I wonder if it for something granular like salt or sugar??

I suggest posting your picture and question on the forum at Several experts participate and maybe one will recognize it.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland