Silver and Flatware/spoon

I found this spoon with a 0900 stamp on the back...that's it.  No other identifying mark.  Could you perhaps identify this?  Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Hi, Stacey.

I'm sorry but I don't recognize this spoon.

Sometimes "900" means a spoon is made of 90% silver. However, that mark is usually combined with other marks. So, I would not trust this assumption 100%.

You might post your question along with a picture of the spoon and a picture of the mark on the forum at Several experts participate in the forum and maybe one will recognize this piece.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland