Silver and Flatware/Value of silver candlesticks

Candlesticks Marks.jpg
Candlesticks Marks.jpg  
Hi Jim

Just wondering if you could help me with the value of two candlesticks I am going to sell. They are by Thomas Bradbury and Sons, Sheffield, 1919? Please see attached photos.

Thanks and regards

Hi, Mike.

I can't quite make out exactly what the marks are. Is one of them a lion? If so, these probably are made of sterling - at least the outer shell is.

I found a number of similar pieces for sale and a couple of actual sales. The sales ranged from $300 to $1400 for a pair (not exactly like yours) but the seller did not specify sterling vs silver plate.

Some sellers are asking in the $2,000 range for a pair so I guess I'd ask high and see what kind of offers you receive. I have not personally dealt with Bradbury pieces so I'd get a second opinion if you can.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland