Silver and Flatware/Bailey Banks and Biddle trivet

Hi Jim,

I have an ornate trivet with a stamp of Bailey Banks & Biddle. It is an expandable trivet with tiny wheels. Do you know anything about this trivet? Did BB&B make many trivets? I can't find any information on this.

Mi Hi

Your trivet sounds interesting but I'm afraid I know nothing about it.  BB&B did make a number of trivets and they may have put their name on trivets made by others.

Consider posting a picture of your trivet and a picture of the marks on the back along with you question on the forum found at A number of experts participate and maybe one will recognize your trivet.

Sorry i could not help.

Best wises,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland