Silver and Flatware/Fisher Water Pticher

I have a Fisher sterling "earlyGeorgian"  2003 Water Pitcher.
How much is it worth?

Hi, Eileen.

Even though a buyer may not plan to melt it down, the commodity price of silver coupled with the weight affect the price. One reference says this piece weighs 641 grams. If the base is not weighted inside with cement, the scrap value of the piece is almost $600. If the base is weighted, it's very difficult to tell what the true weight of the silver is.

Assuming it is not weighted, the value on the market could be quite variable but you have some idea of the lowest price. My guess is that it would bring between $700 and $1,100.

I did find a reference to an actual sale of this piece: This was in 2008, but it still will give you some idea. Consider signing up for a free trial of WorthPoint so you can the the actual sale price.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland