Silver and Flatware/hallmark

Cm hallmark
Cm hallmark  
I have a customer that brought in a silver tone bowl, looks sterling but could be plated.  It is has a handwrought look and a hallmark on the bottom that is a five sided shield with a large "C" and a smaller 'm' reset into the "C".  No other marks.  The bowl has a revere style shape to it with a ball and bar trim around the top rim, with handwrought  fabrication marks on the body.

Hi, Sharon.

I'm sorry but I could not find this mark in any of my references. Consider posting your question and picture on the forum at A number of experts participate and maybe one will recognize the mark.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland