Silver and Flatware/ladle/spoon

Can you tell me anything about this item. found it a few years ago in a thrift store and it jumped out at me. would like to know more about it. It is very light weight almost as if it is make out of aluminum. and the end of the handle is obviously broke off and it has no makers marks of any kind I can see. Thank you.

Hi, David.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about this piece. I deal primarily in sterling pieces and have not seen a piece like this. Based upon what I can tell from the picture, the casting process must have been rather crude. Does that mean anything regarding age? I doubt it but it does pose a mystery.

Sorry i could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland