You are here:

Silver and Flatware/Mark on sterling carving set


Mark on Sterling set
Mark on Sterling set  

Carving set
Carving set  
There are the letters MS (flowing script) directly above the word Sterling on a vintage carving set I have.  Do you know anything about this?  I am stumped.  I looked through a lot of marks but cannot locate. Thank you for your help!

Hi, Teresa.

I don't recognize the marks. I could not find them in my reference books either.

Consider posting your question and pictures on the forum at A number of experts participate and maybe one will recognize them.

Best wishes,


Silver and Flatware

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jim Stringer


I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........


Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland

©2017 All rights reserved.