Silver and Flatware/Scandinavian spoons

4 Norwegian spoons
4 Norwegian spoons  

4 Norwegian spoons
4 Norwegian spoons  
We have several spoons with varying bright cut patterns.  They are all stamped with the 830S silver marks, but nearly all are also stamped with different names.  I have not been able to locate any information on these names as makers.  Can you tell me what these names might be?  In the picture included, the names are: JB Andersen; A Westerbom; N Klemetsen; and O Simonsen.

Hi, Nancy.

I've not had much luck with developing answers. I found a retailer in Norway by the name of Klemetsen. It was once common for retailers to place their names on pieces actually manufactured by others. I do not know if that is the case here.

I found a Westerbom listed as a German companmy. Again, I could not verify that this is accurate. The others were a loss.

Consider posting your question on the forum at Maybo someone else will recognize the brands.

Best wises,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland