Silver and Flatware/Sheffield flatware

I have an 8 piece set of Lancaster Sheffield England flatwear silver plated.. There is a Lyon impression on all the stainless part of the cutterly. It is 30 years old and some of the plating has worn. Is it worth replating?
If so, where should I take it?

Thank you.

Hi, Jag.

The issue is that re-plating probably will not increase the value by the cost of the re-plating. However, if you enjoy the set for personal use, by all means consider re-plating.

I imagine the folks at could handle the job. Generally, in major cities there is at least one plating company. Check the Yellow Pages and Google.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland